Monday, April 21, 2014

Back in North Carolina! Texas/Easter Recap

I had a great time while visiting in Texas. It's always nice to spend time with family and friends. One of the highlights of the trip was when my parents decided to adopt a kitty! Her name is Jasmine!

I am so excited that I have rubbed off on my parents and they have decided to adopt their own cat. I personally never pictured myself as a kitty mom, but now that I have my Elsa I can't imagine not having a cat!

Most of my trip was spent working, spending quality time laughing with the family, or playing with the new kitty! And... a little bit of shopping! :) But since I had to fly back to North Carolina on Easter day, we celebrated Easter Saturday evening. I was also really excited to get to wear my new Lilly Pulitzer dress that I had gotten on sale. With my husband gone, I don't have too many occasions to dress up, so this was a real treat (this is what your life turns to when your husband is deployed).



We had such a great family dinner at Bob's Steak and Chop House, I only wish Connor could have been there with us! I had the Prime Filet Mignon with the smashed potatoes. It was excellent. The filet was one of the most tender steaks I've had, I almost felt like it melted in my mouth. The smashed potatoes were great too! I was hesitant to try them since I was told it had potato skin in it (and sometimes potato skins doesn't set well with my stomach) but they weren't too noticeable and it was quite yummy. Then we all shared the Brownie Sundae which was a LOT, even for four people.




The last time I came back after visiting in Texas it was really hard coming home to an empty house. It was such a blessing to have my cat waiting for me at home, and she was actually excited to see me! I know cats have a reputation of being indifferent, but I could tell she actually missed me. Now she won't let me out of her sight! 

Happy Monday!

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment