Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Engagement Photos





This is my first time doing a Wedding Wednesday! Since I already kind of talked about how my husband proposed in the first post, I thought I would skip that for now and talk about engagement photos!

During our engagement, it was difficult to do a lot of wedding planning with my husband. He was living in Quantico, VA while I was back in Houston, TX. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) for my husband, he missed out on a lot of the wedding planning, so I was determined for us to be able to do engagement photos. I think there is a lot of value in them - forming a relationship with the photographer, getting comfortable in front of the camera, and it's always fun to look back at engagement photos. I told my husband to find one weekend where he would be able to come home so that we could do engagement photos, and then I prayed that whatever weekend he could get home would be open for our wedding photographer. Somehow, it worked out and we were all available on a Saturday morning in April.

I decided that since my husband and I are both Aggies, it would be really neat to take our engagement photos in College Station, where we had spent four years of our relationship. I also figured out that through the athletic facility department I could "book" Kyle Field (the A&M football stadium) for a few hours so that we could take some photos there. We spent quite a bit of time there taking pictures and enjoying how neat it was to be posing for engagement photos on Kyle Field before setting out to hit the other spots on our list. This is where I really realized what an amazing photographer I had, and one of the reasons I am SO glad we decided to figure a way to make engagement photos happen. Since we had spent a while at Kyle Field, I figured we blew most of our time there and might miss out on some other spots, but Leslie (our photographer) kept insisting that we get all the shots we could. In fact, even when it started sprinkling we all took off our shoes and ran across the street to North Gate (the bar district) for the final photos. Then we all went to eat, she loaded our photos, and we got to start the process of narrowing it down.  When it was all said and done, she had driven up from Spring to College Station in a crazy storm, spent more time with us than she initially had planned, and had ran around College Station with us in the rain. This experience told me exactly who Leslie is as a photographer - she's passionate about her job. She loves getting "the shot" and is just an all around fun person to be around.

If anyone in the Houston, Texas area is looking for a photographer, I highly recommend Leslie Cervantez.

Here are some of my favorites (okay, it may be more than some.. it's hard to narrow them down. Leslie just has such a great eye for photos!)

These are on Kyle Field:





The Century  Tree:



The Academic Building:



Administrative Building:







North Gate:





Have a Happy Wednesday!


Linking up for Wedding Wednesday with http://www.lovealwaysnancyj.com/ and http://ncbelleinboots.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are BEAUTIFUL photos!! What a great looking couple! That's so great that you got to do the shoot at your alma mater! Stopping over from Wedding Wednesday!

    Meg @ www.myborrowedheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I definitely think doing it is a great idea since Texas A&M was a huge part of our lives for 4 years!

      Delete
  2. This is only my second "Wedding Wednesday" too, and I also blogged about our engagement photos! Our struggle was finding time to get them done while it was still nice enough outside. We live in the cold cold Midwest, and with an October proposal, our time was limited. But everything worked out in the end!

    I've never been to Texas A&M, but your pictures are beautiful! I especially love the ones by the tree.

    ReplyDelete