Thursday, April 17, 2014

Texas in a Box

Hey Y'all!

My husband and I were married back in October and then moved to North Carolina the following day. Unfortunately he deployed in January , so he hasn't been home to Texas since our wedding. When I was home in February, I thought it would be a fun idea to send my husband "Texas in a box". You could really so the same concept with any state or even just the idea of home.

For my package I included:

  • Julio's tortilla chips
  • Nacho cheese
  • A&M crunch
  • Beef jerky
  • Longhorn poop candy
  • What's burger ketchup
  • Texas flag chocolate bar
  • Texas koozie (You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett)
  • Texas playing cards
  • Texas Chapstick
  • Texas mints
  • Various Texas themed candy
  • Duck Dynasty plastic cups (not Texas, but an O'Sullivan favorite)
  • Zac Brown Band CD (also not Texas, but one of my husband's favorite bands)


Basically, I included stuff that you can only get in Texas, are Texas favorites, or that made him think of home. I know he has already mentioned to me that they have used the playing cards on multiple occasions. 

We are planning to go home on his post deployment leave, but as most people know Texas is kind of obsessed with itself and being away from Texas can be hard on a Texan. Every time I make a trip home I have a must do ( must eat really ) list. 

Have a great evening!

Morgan 


No comments:

Post a Comment